Wednesday 15 June 2011

June 2011 - Eden Voices Singers in West End's 'Mamma Mia'

On Monday night I attended the new cast's opening night in the West End show 'Mamma Mia'. I was very proud to watch as the first character on stage was Eden Voices singer, Dani De Waal in the lead role of 'Sophie Sheridan'. I only had a short time to gather myself before Eden Voices singer, Hannah Fairclough entered the stage in the role of 'Ali'. The girls did a great job and no one would have known that it was their first night in their year long contracts. 


Both girls trained at Tring Park School for Performing Arts (formerly Arts Educational School) where I taught them on the Musical Theatre Course. When they left Tring they both became private pupils of mine and consequently singers for Eden Voices. Dani furthered her full time training by attending Guildhall School of Music and Drama where she got a BA (Hons) in Acting while Hannah went on tour for 2 years internationally with 'Mamma Mia'!

As an added bonus Sophie's boyfriend, Sky, in the show was played by Craig Fletcher, another ex pupil of Tring Park and now RADA graduate.
I have to say I was extremely proud of them all and it is great to witness students hard work paying off!!


Dani De Waal 
Sophie Sheridan


Dani and Hannah can both be heard singing in the audio clips at 
My teaching details can be found at 


Hannah Fairclough 
Ali









Craig Fletcher - Sky (on the right)
 in rehearsal for 'The Wild Party' 
at Tring Park




















2 comments:

  1. This is very exciting and just demonstrates the quality and incredible talent that Eden Voices can offer. Very exciting and will certainly bear you in mind for the next event I have that requires something exceptional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Fiona, I hope Kid-estorybooks is going well and I hope to work with you again in the future.

    ReplyDelete