Friday 10 June 2011

May 2011 - Kid-estorybooks & CBeebies star, Sarah Jane Honeywell





Fiona Treweeke of Kid-estorybooks, based in Australia, has written a series of children's story books to be made into an app for ipad. Eden Voices sourced Sarah Jane Honeywell, best known as comedy actress in Higgledy House and TV presenter on CBeebies, Tikkabilla, to do the voiceover for the first book. The Voiceover is now complete and the app is ready to download at 
 The rest of the series is on its way!







Fiona writes;
'Over the last 7 years, I've been inspired as Mum to Phoebe and Henry to write short stories for pre-school aged children.  I want to provide stories that offer effective repitition and rhyme that I know kids of this age enjoy so much.  Kids love to join in and effective rhyme makes it so easy for them to shout out the words and read along. My books also provide some subtle messages about  sharing, caring, trust and friendship. So, as the books stores sadly close down, I've decided to create my books in digital format. The beauty of the app is the ability to further engage children into the love of storytelling through interaction. Apps allow us to add value, as the delightful features of the book deliver a great learning tool.  The features of my book are designed to ensure that the stories can be loved, enjoyed and educational.

My stories are available for download to your iPad and other smart devices.  With options to 'read to me' or 'read it myself', the apps suit children from 2 -7 years.  My kids love the iPad or Dad's iPhone for those boring car journeys, restaurant trips, you know the occasions and I'm more than happy for them to enjoy a story, support their education and develop a love for reading
.'  

Childrens TV Presenter - Sarah Jane Honeywell



For more information visit: http://www.kidestorybooks.com

Eden Voices would like to wish Fiona Treweeke and Sarah Jane Honeywell 
every success with the project.



No comments:

Post a Comment